The use of castor oil in cosmetology
The healing properties of castor oil are confirmed by many years of research, and are also supported by extensive experience in use.
Useful castor oil is extracted from the African castor bean tree, which is poisonous. However, the use of its extract in cosmetology is absolutely safe and only has a beneficial effect on the body.
Favorable price, noticeable results after use and ease of use can convince anyone to try this product for cosmetic purposes.
It is known that castor oil was used in ancient times by Egyptian girls to extend their beauty. Castor extract illuminated homes, streets and courtyards. Chinese women still take the concentrate as a dietary supplement.
Indications and contraindications
Castor oil has the following properties:
- thanks to the natural complex of vitamins, it restores the internal protective processes, normalizes the exchange of oxygen between cells;
- antiseptic substances can inhibit microbial diseases;
- with the help of antimicrobial components in the oil, adverse effects on the skin are suppressed, warts, pimples and acne are eliminated.
Cosmetic oil is used to:
- smooth complexion - this is due to vitamins A and E in the composition;
- brighten freckles and other age spots - polyunsaturated fatty acids are able to lighten the skin, and various trace elements to nourish the epithelium from the inside;
- eliminate scars and stretch marks - due to tannins and volatile substances, the dermis is nourished at the deepest levels. Oxygen and lipid metabolism are restored, which contributes to the rapid regeneration of cells;
- relieve increased swelling - fatty compounds draw dirt and excess fluid from the dermis, promoting skin “breathing”;
- heal minor damage to the epidermis - thanks to lipoic acid, dermis regeneration is accelerated several times;
- eliminate corns and corns - fats soften seals.
Even taking into account the complete naturalness of the composition, castor oil may have a number of contraindications.
- allergy to components;
- individual intolerance;
- use inside, with problems with the gastrointestinal tract;
- inability to use with oily skin.
- It is necessary to select a product according to the method of application. Edible oil should only be used internally, and cosmetic oil can be applied to the skin. Carefully study the labels so as not to confuse the funds, as the method of extraction of raw materials varies.
- Many manufacturers can fake rare Jamaican black oil. In this case, hazardous dyes are present in the composition. One can distinguish a real extract due to its smell: a natural product has a pronounced ash aroma.
- The use of masks with castor oil should not exceed 15 minutes in time.
- Before use, the product must be checked for an allergic reaction: a drop of oil should be applied to the skin and wait several hours. In the absence of any reaction, the solution can be used for cosmetic purposes.
Castor oil is a viscous liquid with a dark honey color. Consistency fats can dissolve in alcohol tinctures, esters and other oils. Previously, castor pomace was obtained by the method of processing a hot filter by scrolling through the gutters the seeds of a tree. Now they use more gentle methods of extraction: cold pressed type. In this case, the seeds are simply pressed and separated by squeezing from the oil.
The product has a neutral smell and tastes unpleasant. The main component of the oil is ricinoleic acid (90% of the product). This compound in its natural form can only be obtained from castor oil. It also includes:
- palmitic acid type - a fatty compound with which beneficial substances reach the deeper layers of the dermis;
- sterol components - acids that are designed to prevent dryness and tightness of the skin, moisturize it, eliminate peeling and protect the dermis from the harmful effects of the environment;
- oleic unsaturated acids - activate metabolic processes inside the dermis, retain moisture in the skin cells and help restore the natural barrier functions of the epithelium. Also help eliminate minor skin defects;
- linoleic components - acids that are able to nourish and moisturize the dermis;
- retinol and tocopherol - fat-soluble vitamins that the skin needs for a healthy color and firmness. Acting as auxiliary elements in the production of collagen fibers - raise the overall tone of the epidermis.
Due to its properties, castor oil can be widely used in cosmetology.
What is different from usual
Castor cosmetic oil is saturated with nutrients, microelements and fatty acids, which can rid the girl of many skin problems. The main advantage of castor oil extract is its versatility. It can be used:
- face care - The extract can be used not only for the dermis of the face, but also the skin around the eyes. In this case, the oil acts as a natural antioxidant, smoothes wrinkles, relieves puffiness and dark circles under the eyes;
- to restore hand skin - masks and compresses with castor oil extract can moisturize and nourish the skin of the hands, restore the protective functions of the dermis and eliminate peeling;
- for hair - a universal tool is able to strengthen the bulbs, activate the growth of new hairs and restore the structure of curls along the entire length;
- for eyelashes and eyebrows - the concentrate is often used to activate growth, to strengthen the cilia, and also - to make eyebrows thicker;
- against warts - Special compresses and applications with oil can remove unwanted papillomas on the skin, eliminate freckles, and also reduce stretch marks.
Useful properties do not end there. Castor oil can be used to reduce sagging skin throughout the body. To do this, you need to make wraps based on this product.
At home, castor oil can be used in different ways. Natural ingredients are best used orally in the form of capsules, drink tincture, or use as the basis of masks for skin or hair. Consider popular and effective methods.
For comfortable application, you need a brush. It is necessary to drip oil on it and then comb her eyelashes. The main thing is that they are completely cleared of cosmetics. Distribute the agent and leave for 30 minutes. The excess must be removed after a while with a napkin. This method must be used once a day (preferably at bedtime) for a month. After just a few applications, the eyelashes will become thicker and longer.
More about the benefits of castor oil for eyelashes in the next video.
Oil-based compress for the skin around the eyes
The mask is suitable for women after 45 years old, it is used to eliminate crow's feet and increase the elasticity of delicate skin.
3-4 ml of castor ether should be added to the cream for the skin around the eyes. Stir the resulting composition and gently apply with your fingertips on the epithelium. Use 30 days daily. Then take a break of 10 days.
Another mask for the skin around the eyes using castor oil in the video below.
Castor oil must be mixed in equal proportion with the esters (choice of sea buckthorn, olive or peach). Warm the mixture to room temperature in a water bath and apply to wrinkles - the product must be rubbed in until completely absorbed. The procedures are repeated daily for several weeks.
In tincture of calendula (250 ml) mix castor oil (20 ml). With this composition, it is necessary to wipe the face in the morning and in the evening. After several applications, the face will visibly lighten, the skin will become smooth and even in color.
Mask for instant nutrition and hydration
The instruction is: mix one yolk with castor extract (20 ml), add almond oil and a few drops of lavender ether. Apply in a circular motion to the skin of the face, and on top use a paper towel to fix the effect. After 20 minutes, rinse your face with water.
Composition of quick action for curls
In addition to simply adding oil to shampoos and hair conditioners, caring formulations can be made based on the extract. The recipe is simple:
- kefir - 150 ml;
- castor extract - 20 ml;
- red pepper emulsion - 5 ml;
- orange ether - 5 ml.
All ingredients must be mixed, warmed to room temperature and applied to the scalp. The emulsion must be distributed in curls. Put on a hat and towel and wait about an hour - then rinse your hair. This compress is able to nourish the hair with vitamins from the inside, strengthen the structural core of each hair and eliminate sections at the ends. In addition, the mask is able to activate hairline growth.
For another compress you will need:
- cognac - 2 tbsp. spoons;
- castor oil - 2 tbsp. spoons.
Combine the components, distribute on the hair and wait 30 minutes. Hair is restored in several applications.
And another miracle mask using castor oil in the next video.
Against sprains on the skin, cellulite and small irregularities, the following composition will help:
- castor oil - 20 ml;
- jojoba extract - 5 ml;
- lavender ether - 5 ml;
- grape seed oil - 5 ml;
- a mixture of peppers - 5 gr.
All substances are mixed together and rubbed into problem areas of the skin for 10-15 minutes. Such a composition can be used as a massage emulsion, a body scrub and a base for body wraps. In all three cases, the agent acts as an activator of metabolic processes in cells.
As a rule, reviews on the use of castor oil are mixed. Someone likes the effect and a pleasant cost, but someone can’t put up with the stickiness of the oil and the unpleasant odor. However, most agree that the use of oil has the most positive effect on the whole body.
However, some girls warn that the effect depends on how well the drug is used. With all the desire to get quick results, you should remember: the action is due to natural components, which means that the result is manifested during prolonged use. Many do not like it.
Castor oil has a number of beneficial properties that nourish the skin of the face, body and hands. Thanks to daily use, you can not only moisturize and nourish the epidermis, but also restore damage, even out color, sore wounds and minor inflammations.
Women emphasize that castor oil extract affects skin tone, restores hair damage and has a general anti-aging effect. Some argue: after two or three masks based on castor oil, the skin seems to glow from the inside.